“People of Europe rise up”: this has been the refrain of protests from Madrid to Athens.
The following statement was jointly written by organisations and movements meeting in Genoa in the context of the 10th anniversary of the 2001 G8 meeting
(click title for fulltext)
The European campaigns currently being programmed are:
* Guaranteed basic income European citizenship based on residency, and a mobilisation for the EU to sign up to the 1990 UN Convention on the rights of migrant workers
* Water as a fundamental right, as a first step towards a European statute of common goods backed up by a European directive
* The social use of goods seized from organised crime
* A plan of social and ecological reconversion, to be supported by the transaction tax and a carbon tax.
* The right to information, and the freedom and pluralism of the media